Saturday 6 September 2014

Galaxy Nails Tutorial

My current favourite nail are is Galaxy nails. They are a lot easier to do than they look, and because you are sponging on only a small amount of polish at a time, are pretty fast drying too.

The products I used:
Kate Spade for Nails Inc - New York Noir, LCN - I love LCN, Models Own - Pink Punch
Barry M - Pacific, Taras Talons - Donner, Barry M - Diamond Glitter, Seche Vite Topcoat and Leighton Denny Miracle Mist. I also used cheap make up sponge (I picked up a bag of them from Poundland) and tissues.


First, after applying OPI Base Coat, I painted my nails black with Nails Inc - New York Noir. I only needed 1 coat as this has excellent coverage. Definitely my favourite black!

I then painted a small amount of polish on the edge of the sponge. Dab the sponge on a tissue to ensure there isn't too much polish on it.

Overlap the colours as you dab them on and don't cover the whole nail, make sure there is still some black showing. I used LCN - I love LCN, Taras Talons - Donner, Models Own - Pink Punch, Barry M - Pacific and Barry M - Matt White in that order.

I then the brush on a white nail art pen to draw little crosses on each nail to look like shooting stars. I topped the whole nail with Barry M - Diamond Glitter which is the perfect polish to look like tiny shimmering stars.

The final step was the best Topcoat out there, by Seche Vite which dried it all in minutes. It also helps enhance the glitter.

The finished design (I was too eager to get the photos up that I hadn't gotten around to tidying them up yet so excuse the mess)



No comments:

Post a Comment